Communication Training For Managers
Communicating For Results – 4 Part Webinar Series
A flexible, content rich communications training program for managers. In this 4 module series, middle and senior mangers develop their skills and confidence in the areas of Presenting, Negotiating, Persuading & Difficult Interactions. Four 90 minute webinars are delivered by experienced facilitators, with a webinar every two weeks.
Each webinar is based on a module from the award winning online program, Harvard Managementor. Each module covers a pre and post assessment, core concepts, executive insights, audio downloads, steps, tips, tools and interactive exercises in the skill area. The program ends with the participant completing an 0n-the-job project from a module of their choice after which a certificate of completion is presented.
The objectives of each module in this series are as follows:
Module 1 – Presentation Skills
Sound advice on preparing and delivering presentations that command attention, persuade, and inspire. Includes rehearsal techniques as well as tips for creating and using more effective visuals. Also addresses the importance of understanding your objectives and your audience to create a presentation with impact. By taking this module you will learn how to:
- Prepare an effective presentation customized for your audience and setting
- Deliver an effective presentation that produces action
- Address questions and keep people focused during your presentation
Module 2 – Negotiating
A practical guide to becoming an effective negotiator. Includes steps to guide you through the negotiation process: assessing your interests as well as those of the other party, developing opportunities that create value, avoiding common barriers to agreement, and implementing strategies to make the negotiation process run smoothly. By taking this module you will learn how to:
- Understand the basic types of negotiation and the key concepts underlying them
- Prepare for, conduct, and close a negotiation
- Maintain a good negotiating relationship with the other side and maximize value for both sides
- Avoid common errors and overcome common barriers to agreement
Module 3 – Persuading Others
Master the art and science behind successful persuasion— and begin changing others’ attitudes, beliefs, or behavior to create win-win solutions. Formal authority no longer gets managers as far as it used to. To do their job—accomplishing work through others—managers must develop and use persuasion skills rather than simply issue orders. By taking this module you will learn how to:
- Build your credibility
- Gauge your audience’s receptivity to your ideas.
- Appeal to listeners’ sense of logic and connect emotionally
- Overcome resistance to your ideas
- Activate persuasion “triggers,” or mental shortcuts your audience may take to decide whether to support your ideas
- Prompt your listeners to persuade themselves to back your proposals
Module 4 – Difficult Interactions
Shows how to discuss and resolve difficult interactions in the workplace–whether they’re with employees, peers, bosses, or even customers and suppliers. By taking this module you will learn how to:
- Decide which types of situations are worth investing time and energy to resolve
- Overcome barriers to action
- Identify the interpersonal differences that trigger difficult interactions
- Productively discuss the emotions that difficult interactions can raise
- Design solutions that satisfy your and the other party’s most important interests and concerns
- Coach your direct reports to help them learn to resolve difficult interactions
- Four webinars on the 4 key skills in the competency
- A 90-minute webinar every 2 weeks. Webinars and coaching completed in 8 weeks.
- 1 year’s access to the 4 Harvard Managementor Modules
- A project selected from one of the modules for on-the-job implementation
- Certificate of Completion for successful participation
Call to Action:
Sharpen the skills and effectiveness of your middle and senior managers. Nowhere in the Caribbean will a manager be able to access a blended learning (online content with live session) Communications Training Program, a Performance Management Training Program, and a Leadership Training Program, with the flexibility on online and lunch time webinars, in the company of managers from all across the Caribbean, utilizing Harvard’s world leading resources and led by expert facilitators.
Contact us at 876-336-8679 OR 876-357-7880 or
Call our Learning Partner near you (Contact Info on right).